Do You Have a Power Word for the Year?
As we move towards the end of the year, I wonder how you are going with vision for next year?
Is your vision becoming clearer or do you feel stuck?
If you feel stuck, you might like to try discovering your power word!
What is a Power Word?
A power word is a word relates to the theme of your year or current focus in your life. The word resonates with your being and reminds you that you have the power to change! When you have found it, the power word helps you to feel expanded, inspired and empowered.
What are Examples of Power Words?
Some examples of power words are –
For 2014, my word was responsibility. It may not resonate with you, but that is OK, that is why you need to find your power word! In 2015, my power word was courage, 2016 it was connection, 2017 back to responsibility, 2018 was healing, 2019 empowerment and 2020, 2021, 2022 acceptance and 2023 intentional 🙂
How Do You Find Your Power Word?
Your power word arrives to you easily, you don’t have to think too much about it. You will know when you have your word as it will sit well with you, inspire you and resonate with your energy. Also, when you say the word to yourself, it can remind you about your dreams, goals and intentions for the year or focus for the present time in your life so it can keep you on track!
I Have My Power Word, What Now?
Now you have your power word, you can use it! How? There are a number of ways and you could start with the following questions –
- If you lived and breathed your power word for the next 3, 6 or 12 months, what would be different for you?
- What activities, relationships, routines, habits, emotions or thoughts don’t currently resonate with my power word? Do you want to integrate any of these in to my life? If so, what ones?
- Identify the activities, relationships, routines, habits, emotions or thoughts you are currently doing that resonate with your power word. Do you want to tweak any of these in your life life? If so, what ones?
- How can you transform the areas of your life that currently do not currently resonate with your power word? Where will you start?
- How can you BE more by using your power word in your personal and professional life? For example – I can be more courageous (i.e. your power word) in my professional life by knowing my boundaries.
Over to You…
Congratulations if you have made it this far, you have identified your power word and ways you can use it in your personal and professional life! You may even like to put it as a screensaver on your phone to keep reminding yourself of it.
If you have any comments, please feel free to leave them below. And remember…
“Words are powerful. The words you use and think of, may have impact on your life. May you enrich your life with positive thoughts.” ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
If you are ready to reclaim your courage and take the next step towards freedom and opening your heart, why not join our Toolkit?